Operates, maintains and cleans equipment, china, glassware, and other galley items as well as dishwashing areas. Assists with transporting food, provision, china, and other supplies as needed.
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Responsible for proper dishwashing, food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH and company standards.
- Follows procedure for handling, racking, and pre-rinsing of dirty dishes and the uncracking, storing and delivery of clean dishes.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, cleanliness, and sanitation throughout operation and areas of responsibility.
- Properly utilize, maintain and return equipment and utensils to prevent damage, loss or undue maintenance.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or finishing’s in need of repair to Chief Steward.
- Responsible for performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Follows guidelines and instructions establishes by Chief Steward and/or Executive Chef
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Good listening skills and able to follow instructions.
- Shows initiative in performing culinary tasks.
- Asks questions if tasks are unclear.
- Team player
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1+ years’ experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Degree from accredited culinary college or university.