Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning and reporting any safety hazards to the homeowner or manager in charge. They must complete tasks like vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash cans, dusting shelves, cleaning windows, and mopping floors. Some Housekeepers change linens, wash dishes, and do light ironing and laundry. Maintains an assigned section of staterooms and corridors in a clean and orderly manner by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum one to two years previous cleaning experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line shipboard experience preferred.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Company policy, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.