The waiter will perform the functions of the restaurant sequence of service and all
essential duties and responsibilities outlined below. These locations include but are
not limited to Main Dining Room, Windjammer, and Specialty Restaurants.
While performing their role in the restaurant venues, He/She will be engaged in
providing courteous and professional service to guests. The duties described below are
performed either personally or through subordinates.
- Two to three years previous waiter experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant
- Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to meal count procedures.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese preferred
- All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.